Custom Brokering/ Freight Forwarding
- As Agents acting on behalf of importers, exporters or other companies to organize the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods.
- Highly knowledgeable in all entry procedures, admissibility requirements, classification, valuation, and the duties and taxes imposed on imported goods.
- Prepare and submit necessary information and payments to the Customs authorities on your behalf (country of origin and destination, suppliers, routings, intended use of goods, etc)
- Assess commercial documents to see if they are compliant with regulatory requirements, prior to their submission
- Make sure your goods are correctly classified to facilitate accurate calculation of duties and taxes.
- Provide personalized advice on import/export procedures as it relates to customs regulations, requirements, permits and restrictions
- Pay or arrange for payment of charges, fees, taxes and duties on shipments
- Provision of quotes on duty and tax rates on goods to be imported/exported in keeping with Jamaica Customs tariffs and regulations..
- Provision of insurance on goods
- Coordinate import and export shipments within the shipping and logistics sector